Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm Back

Ok... So I've been back for like 4 days already, but I've just been too lazy to blog. I left for Genting on the 8th of April at 7, and I arrived at Genting around 2-ish. After checking in, and placing our bags in the rooms, we headed down to the Indoor theme park area where the food and all the shopping were at. We were initially supposed to eat at this Hainan place for lunch, but we changed our minds after looking at the menu. We then headed to Marrybrown for lunch. (This was the only time I ate from the fast food restaurants when I was there!).

We later got the Indoor Theme Park tickets and we played the Bumper Cars and the Indoor Roller Coaster the most times. There was only one strategy when it came to the Bumper Cars: 5 on 1. The 5 of us all attacked Leon. This was the case for all the 3 times that we played. We then walked around the place looking for a place to have dinner. We walked to the buffet area at Genting Highland resort, but the food did not look appetizing. We then headed to some kind of a coffee shop place at the Resort Hotel. We had steamed fish, deer meat, sambal kangkong and some kind of chicken, and it only costed us SGD $7.


Day two came by and that was the day for the Outdoor Theme Park. We first met up at 10am and I had Dim Sum for breakfast. We then headed straight for the Theme Park, and the first ride that we took was the Pirate Ship. I've never taken the Pirate Ship for about 9 years because I find it really scary. And after 9 years, I still have the same conclusion. My mouth would tremble every time the ship was going down and couldn't even scream. The only way was to laugh it off. Me and my cousin started laughing uncontrollably on the ride, and I was saying the word "Fuck" every time the ship would go down. But of course, I tried to say it softly as there were others on the ride.

The 2nd ride that we went on is my personal favorite, the Corkscrew. I love the corkscrew, especially the first drop. My cousin who loved the Pirate Ship said that the Corkscrew was scary. They were practically screaming my name throughout the whole ride as if they were blaming me for making them go on the ride. After that, we decided to go slow and just rest for a little while. We took some pictures, and took some kiddy ride called the space station or something. It was so stupid. They then headed to play the Super Toboggan which I did not play as there was a weight limit. And surprise surprise, I'm over it. Lol.

They then later went to play the swing that swings people round and round. I sat out of this one as well, as I did not feel safe with just a metal wire supporting all of my weight. We then later went to play the roller coaster meant for 4 people, and then it was the spinning tea cup afterwards. This was hilarious and I did NOT want to be seated with Leon in a cup. I wanted to share with my cousin and her bf because we did not want to spin the cup. However, there wasn't enough leg room and I had no choice but to get in the cup with Leon. He wanted to spin, I didn't. So we spent the WHOLE ride making it a battle of strength. He'd try and spin one way, while I counter-react. When I got off the ride, I was SO tired.

We then went to play the flying dragon roller coaster and this was probably a bad idea. The ride tosses you from one side to the other which causes your legs and arms to knock against the inside of the ride. I'm surprised I didn't get any bruises after that ride. And then it was time for the Rolling Thunder Mine. This ride has been closed for the past 5 trips that I've been there. So I was very happy when I found out that it was operating. After this, they wanted to reply the Pirate Ship, and I chose to sit out of that one. Then it was back to the Corkscrew...

After the Theme Park, We had lunch at Kenny Rogers, and then me and my cousin went to the karaoke while the rest went back to rest. Soon, it was dinner at the same coffee shop again. Headed to the arcade afterwards, where Leon found a cheat way to garner tons of tickets. We eventually managed to get enough tickets for Candy to redeem a stuffed toy elephant. The next day rolled around and we were on the bus headed back for Singapore, but after some shopping of course. Anywayz, I had tons of fun on the trip, and all the trouble that I had while planning the trip was worth it.


Rested on Friday, and then I went out with my mom and my brother on Saturday. We headed to Chinatown as my brother had to get some school stuff, we then went to some restaurant for their deserts (Which is really good - I had Creme Brulee). Afterwards, we went to a Fish Spa. You know, the ones where the fish nibble on your dead skin... It was so ticklish at first, but then you get used to the feeling after awhile. Headed to my Grandma's Birthday dinner afterwards.


Saw the movie Untraceable today, and it's pretty good. So yeah... I'm lazy to think of something interesting to blog about, so I'll leave it for another time. As for now, at least you're updated with what I've been doing... :)




I'll post pictures from the genting trip when I actually get them...

No comments: