Sunday, December 02, 2007

Mixed Emotions

I'm feeling tons of mixed emotions right now, and I have no clue how or where these emotions are coming from.

Went to watch The Kingdom yesterday with Iris, Guo Liang, Carol and Xi Ling. The Kingdom is about terrorism. The plot revolves around 4 Americans that are in the Special Services that flew over to Saudi Arabia to investigate a suicide bombing by men dressed in the Saudi Arabian police uniform. They then become the targets of these terrorist while the Americans try and find the Leader.

I walked away from that theater realizing something. No matter how much I dislike the way of life in Singapore is, where everything is so uptight and time orientated, I am grateful. I'm grateful for the sense of security that I have living here. I'm not leaving the house everyday hoping that there's no psycho person about to blow himself up while taking other innocent lives along with them. The worst thing of all is that everything portrayed in the movie is probably happening in real life.




My brain is about dead right now as I can't think of anything to say. But no matter how dead my brain may be, I will remember that we ONLY have 8 weeks left of attachment. That is just 40 more days of work. Then we'll have to subtract Hari Raya Haji, Christmas, and New Year. I can finally start to see the end.




Since my brain is dead, and I have a ton of mixed emotions now, I'll just leave this post as it is.

More updates soon. ..

No comments: