Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Taxi Fares Rise AGAIN!

It’s confirmed. I’ll have to work from 8:30am to 2:30pm on both Saturday and Sunday. There goes my beloved hours of sleep. The good thing about this though, is that the cab fare to and fro is covered. They’re damn lucky that they are covering our cab fares BEFORE the price hike. For those that don’t know, the cab fares are being adjusted on Monday (Dec 17 2007).


Here are the “revised” pricings which will take effect on Monday.
Say that I took a cab from the Heeren in town back to my place (Pasir Ris) at about 7pm. It would cost me approximately $21.20 with the current rate.


With the newly “revised” pricing, it would cost me: $28.90. This is a whopping $7.70 more, which is a 36% increase. I need to work at my attachment place for like 3-4 hours to earn this amount! Working the whole day can’t even earn me enough money for the whole cab ride!


Let’s see:

Cab
Waiting for the cab will take about 10 minutes, and the cab ride will take about 20 minutes. The costs for the cab would be $28.90.

Bus & MRT
The bus will take about 15 minutes to Pasir Ris MRT Station, and about 40 minutes to Orchard/Somerset. Bus costs $0.65 & the MRT costs $1.50. This gives a total of $2.15

The time needed taking the Bus/MRT is twice as long. BUT, the cab is 1345% more expensive. You do the math.I’m probably turning into some auntie that tries and scrimp and save every cent possible. But saving is a virtue right? So I dont' care. :)






Speaking about not caring, I can’t care to be jealous at all. Besides, why would I be? It’s not like I don’t have female friends. But anyways, I’m not here to argue because I don’t want something like this to blow out of proportion. I don’t want to talk much about this, as I want you to cool yourself down and let some of that anger subside. And when it does, hopefully we can talk about this and maybe something positive can come out of it. But not matter how much I want to NOT talk about this, there are some things that I feel I need to address:

1) “And please don't assume you know me well” - I never once assumed to know you well. You never did let me in, how was I supposed to know you?

2) “And I don't see the need to explain whatever I do” – I didn’t expect you to explain anything that you did. I don’t know where you got that impression from. You probably misunderstood the post.

3) FYI, the 2nd paragraph was meant from someone else. Someone that you don’t know.

4) There are some things that I want to apologize for. I apologize that I said the “Horny Maybe?” statement. I knew I probably crossed the line and there was no need for that. I also apologize that you had to find out about this through a blog post instead of talking about it face to face.


Since I’ve said my piece, let’s just end this here. Hopefully you’ll be willing to talk about this in a few days time, and maybe something positive will come from this.

No comments: