Friday, February 01, 2008

Doughnuts

I used to love Chinese New Year. Why is it that I have a sudden hatred for it? Well, I don't hate CNY itself, I mean who in the right mind would hate receiving Ang Paos right? But I hate the Pre-CNY Cleaning which seems to be a tradition that everyone followes faithfully and blindly.

I guess I understand when you have to clean the tables and the papers lying around on the ground so that the house has the Oh-So-Clean look. But my mom is digging through the cupboards which contains papers and a bunch of other stuff. If nobody's going to see it, then is there really a need to clean it? Did I mention she's really moody when she does the cleaning? She becomes REALLY moody even though she herself WANTED to have it cleaned. Oh well, Just a couple more days before CNY arrives as this Spring cleaning is just driving me insane. Even though I haven't been doing much. Which would possibly be why I'm being nagged at so much.



Remember the donut craze that Singapore flew into a couple of months ago? I guess that craze is slowly dissipating. Just like the Bubble Tea craze years ago. The Queue for the Donut Factory used to take HOURS. But, being the smart person that I am, I decided to wait for the craze to die down. Lol. I went to the Donut Factory yesterday, and I queued for about 5 minutes. Beats the 2 and a half hours huh? However, I still prefer Krispy Kreme.

Krispy Kreme

Donut Factory

Donut Factory wins based on the presentation of the donuts. It looks so much better tasting too! But the donut just isn't as soft as Krispy Kreme though. But that's just my opinion. I want some Krispy Kreme Now!














I just finished Grey's Anatomy Season 3, and they mentioned this line: "What's worse? New wounds which are so horribly painful? Or old wounds that should have healed years ago and never did?"


New wounds that are directly on top of the old wounds are what hurts the most.

No comments: